Tuesday, July 14, 2009

gentle change.

This past month has been quite the busy one for me! I moved apartments, went to Mary Kate & Jayson's perfect wedding, went on a Girlymoon with 4 best friends to Seattle, packed up my things again, and moved back home to Elon, NC to live with the fam before I leave on September 12th. Whew!
I was thinking about how from the time I made the decision to go to Uganda so much has changed for me. The Lord has been so gracious and knows how much I can handle and has allowed all of this change to happen slowly and gently. I could not imagine moving home and then leaving for Uganda the next week! I was reading in Psalms yesterday because I was in sore need of some encouragement and I landed in Psalm 13. Verses 5-6 were exactly what I needed to hear....

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.

He has been so good to me! These verses are a great reminder of why He is worthy of all our praise and why I know He will continue to be good to me in Uganda. I leave in just about 2 months. Which is soooo hard to believe. Out of the $5,500 that I need to raise I am about 1/3 of the way there! Please continue praying that the Lord would provide the necessary funds, and that I would be able to easily handle the transition from Meredith, the college graduate and interior design assistant.... to Muzunga!!

I am so excited about this opportunity and I am anxious to get over there and meet everyone and dive into this adventure and not look back. Thank you all for your prayers and support and interest in this chapter of my life.

4 comments:

  1. You can handle anything because you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (2 Cor 12:9) God is with you, sustaining you, protecting you, directing you and providing for you. I can't wait to see how He moves in your life. Hold on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so encouraging for me to read Meredith! Your attitude towards all the change is putting my attitude lately in check. Thank you! I WILL sing to the Lord for he has been SOOOO good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We went to this place called "Hunt and Gather"-an antiques dealer his mom told us about. We fell in love with everything there, but this piece was on sale :)

    ReplyDelete