Thursday, June 4, 2009

it's becoming real.

It is official! My plane ticket was booked today! I am leaving on September 13, 2009 and coming back on January 15, 2010. I will be flying by myself.... to Africa. [i never in my life thought those words would come out of my mouth]. I am so thankful that the people from EAC will be picking me up from the airport in Entebbe, Uganda. They will have my name on a sign and everything. Kampala is about an hour drive from Entebbe. A huge praise is that my great daddy is letting me use some of his airline miles and the plane ticket is essentially free!! That means that I have a lot LESS money to raise! [thanks daddy!]

As things are progressing it is becoming more and more real that I am actually going. I cannot believe that in about 3 short months I will be calling Africa home. There is a TON to do before I can leave. The first order of business is getting my visa ordered. I have to get a yellow fever shot next week before I can send in the application. I think that I only have to get a few shots, so hopefully it won't be too bad or leave me feeling too sick. I pray that this whole process will be honoring to the Lord. Support letters will be mailed out very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment